Welcome to the Matuku Link Shop
Every purchase contributes to our work of restoring and maintaining the Matuku Link wetland.
Dragonflies and Damselflies of New Zealand - Milen Marinov and Mike Ashbee $55.00
A beautifully illustrated natural history and field guide to New Zealand’s extraordinary dragonflies and damselflies.
Dragonflies and damselflies are among the most spectacular organisms on the planet. They have survived on earth for more than 325 million years, through a series of mass extinctions, by being exquisite examples of evolutionary adaptation: superb flyers with extraordinary vision and startling colours.
This is a natural history and field guide to New Zealand’s 14 species of dragonflies and damselflies. Easy to observe around wetlands and rivers, dragonflies and damselflies are favourites of New Zealand nature lovers, and this book will be too.
Key features include:
- Expert and up-to-date information on the 14 species breeding in New Zealand.
- Natural history of the group including an introduction to evolution, habitats, biology, behaviour, photography and conservation.
- More than 200 new photographs and hand-drawn illustrations of dragonflies and damselflies at all life stages in their environment.
- Authoritative text on each species covering identification, measurement, behaviour, breeding, flying period and where to observe the species.
- Range maps for all species.