As our current caretaker and tenant Anita is leaving for Napier, we’re looking for another awesome person or couple to rent the Matuku Link house. The house will be further insulated in the coming weeks, ready for rent per 1st of July. We are looking for a non smoker without pets (unless its a goldfish), who shares our ideas on sustainability, recycling and caring for the planet.
- it is a 3 bedroom house: one bedroom is huge, the other two are smaller. Kitchen/diner/living room with fireplace. Large deck around the house. Bathroom (with shower and bath, a bit dated) and separate toilet. Roof will be insulated.
- rent would be $470 per week, excluding electricity and excluding internet/phone. Firewood included. The usual maintenance requirements are expected: mowing the grass around the house, washing windows, keep kitchen clean, keeping the deck tidy, putting bins for curb side recycling and rubbish collection out in a timely matter, updating us within 12 hours of any maintenance issues.
- work for reduced rent would be based on an hourly rate of $20 per hour with a maximum of 16 hours per week. It means the minimum rent is $150 per week, excluding electricity and internet/phone. This isn’t flexible per week: it will be agreed to in advance to be evaluated every three months.
- It has the best ever deck, comes fully furnished with a brand new fridge, brand new washing machine and even four single beds, settee and dining table and all kitchen appliances and kitchenware if you want.
- We usually have two groups visit us per month during the week and two per month on a weekend, usually from 10 am to 2 or 3 pm. This means people and noises next to the house, in our barn/education center and in our nursery, and cars parked on site. Nobody will go into the house or on your “lawn” at the back deck (unless you invite us!).
Two options are possible, with anything in between to be discussed:
- work for a reduced rent: be the person to coordinate groups on site, do predator control, weed control, work in the nursery, do general maintenance, and help out with communications or fundraising.
- pay full rent and we won’t bother you at all
If you are still interested, and we had a lot of interest, we’d like to speed up the process of finding the right person by asking you to fill in the questions in our google form.
For specific questions contact Annalily van den Broeke: firstname.lastname@example.org.